LurfysMa

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 04:59:59 -0500, Jon Quixley
wrote:

CURRENCY format places a slight indent on the right hand end of a
number. The NUMBER format does the same thing. GENERAL format shoves
the number hard up against the right hand end, but it is possible to
move this using the INDENT option under the ALIGNMENT tab under the
FORMAT option for that cell.

All of the cells are formatted with either Currency or Number. None of
them are General. Most of the Currency-formatted cells are indented,
but some are flush right. Most of the Number-formatted cells are flush
right, but some are indented. The indenting is consistent across a
row.

Is there a way to get the Currency and Number formats to omit that
right hand space?

I'm not sure which result you're after, but if you have currency
formats in there, then it sounds as if you'd prefer everything to have
the slight indent. If this is the case, then format everything else to
NUMBER and they should line up

I want everything to be flush right -- no extra spaces.

Here is one column of my table. For all cells, the alignment is
"General". I also tried flush right -- same result.

Use a monospace font to see alignment:

1,000 Number, 0 decimal places, comma separator
$20,000 Currency, 0 decimal places, $ symbol
$1,250 Currency, 0 decimal places, $ symbol
2,000 Number, 0 decimal places, comma separator
$2,000 Currency, 0 decimal places, $ symbol
0.2 Number, 1 decimal place, no separator
$6 Currency, 0 decimal places, $ symbol
$3,256 Currency, 0 decimal places, $ symbol
$16,744 Currency, 0 decimal places, $ symbol
$200,928 Currency, 0 decimal places, $ symbol

As you can see, some of the Currency-formatted cells are indented and
some are flush right. I can't find any difference in any of the
formatting settings.

All of the Number-formatted cells are flush right in this table, but
there is another table where a couple of them are indented.