Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Bob is offline

Default Disabling row and column headers option

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I would prefer to not mess with the menus.

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

Basically, that's what Dave's code does. But he didn't mention restoring it
before closing the program.

"Bob" wrote:

Dave,
As a second option, I guess I could do something like:

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
ActiveWindow.DisplayHeadings = False
End Sub

Thanks again for all your help and advice.
Bob

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Nope. I can't.

You don't have that kind of granular control over the dialogs in excel.

In my USA version of Excel, I could use a line like this:

With Application.CommandBars("worksheet menu bar").Controls("Tools")
'.enabled or .visible????
.Controls("Options...").Enabled = False
End With

to try to prevent users from clicking on Tools|Options...

But if they reset the toolbar or disabled macros, then it would not work very
well!

Bob wrote:

Dave,

What I want to do is click on the "Row and column headers" checkbox so that
the row and column headers are not displayed. Then I want to prevent users
from re-displaying the row and column headers (i.e., unchecking the checkbox).

Can you tell me how to disable the "Row and column headers" checkbox in VBA?

Thanks,
Bob

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I don't think you can change any of those built-in dialogs.

You can disable them, but you can't change them.

Bob wrote:

Is there a way in VBA to disable the "Row and column headers" option within
the Tools | Options... | View tab menu so that a user cannot check (or
uncheck) the checkbox? I would like to do this without having to create a
custom toolbar or menu.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

--

Dave Peterson