Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
macropod macropod is offline

Default time sensitive file?

Hi Jim,

With a protected project, removing the code would be beyond most users, even most IT depts probably. Yes, I know there are software
packages for breaking into protected code modules, but how many users out there are likely to have that - before their self-expiring
workbook's been crippled?

If you re-read my previous post you'll see that, with the approach I proposed, bypassing the macro protection renders the workbook's
contents and functions unavailable.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"JE McGimpsey" wrote in message ...
This works with a honest (or lazy) client.

Otherwise, they just go to their (or, their IT Department's) most recent
backup, and use one of several widely-available and free techniques to
bypass macro protection and remove the code that "deletes everything".

Or if they're even slightly predisposed, when they first get the warning
that macros must be enabled, they'll bypass macro protection
immediately...

In article ,
"macropod" wrote:

After the expiry point passes, your code deletes everything - your activation
code included.