Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Error Handling Problem calling Macro from Other Worksheet

If you comment out the Or Error statements, the code will stop at the error
and then you can figure out what the problem is.

"Marcelo Chou" wrote:

Hi,
got a problem trying to catch a error when i'm calling a macro from
another workbook using the
Application.Run statement. My code is like this:

Public Sub OpenFileMacro(file_name)

On Error Goto Error
Worbooks.open file_path & file_name ' Open the file
Workbooks("file_name").Activate 'focus to the worksheet
Sheets("sheet_name").Select 'select the target
sheet for the macro
Application.Run (file_name!Macro1) 'Run macro1 from the
worksheet.

Error:
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value = "Can't Open file or Macro is failing"
'message to write in a cell
For Each oWkBook In Workbooks ' close wb if is
open
If UCase(oWkBook.FullName) = UCase(file_name) Then
Workbooks(file_name).Close savechanges:=False
Exit For
End If
Next
exit sub
End Sub

The code runs from a macro in another workbook with the filenames.
I want to determine which files can run the macro and which can't
writing in a cell in the wb with the filenames.

Can anybody help me?