Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Advanced 'filtering'

for got to put my e-mail address.

1) Do you want a new worksheet generatted or put the chart in a unique spot
on an existing sheet.
2) Do you want a chart created or just the table entries.

"raphiel2063" wrote:

I need to 'filter' the below information by type and location. I want to set
up a macro that will index the below and then using a drop down menu of
unique types, be able to only select the relevant rows. After that I want it
to delete out the rooms with none of that type in.

Type Model Room 1 Room 2 Room 3 Room 4 Room 5
Chair Art 1 1
Chair science 5 1 1

Table Art 1 1 1
Table Science 1 1
1

I.e. if I selected 'Chair' and click a button (with assigned macro) it
produce me the following chart.

Chair Room 1 Room 2 Room 4
Art 1 1
Science 5 1 1

I'm sure there are easier ways to do the above filtering but the actual data
has a lot more types and sub-types, and a lot more rooms, hence the need for
a macro...

Any ideas anybody? I can send you a copy of the real file if you want...