Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Penet Patrick Penet is offline

Default Cannot kill a WINWORD.EXE instanciation - Sorry for reposting

If I want to use early binding, I add reference to "Microsoft WMI Scripting
V2.1 Library".

Yes, I understand your code. I am not used to program Microsoft WMI Scripting
Library because I am very much afraid it wont work with previous versions of
Windows.

Where did you put the code?
This code is supposed to kill all
WINWORD.EXE processes, does it work if you put it in a standard module and
run the sub manually with a WINWORD.EXE process running?

I tried the code in many different places, including a standard module
but it was with the 'embedded' parameter.

Your code below is perfectly swell and works fine with a normal
Word session, but not with the embedded one.

Sub WMITest()
Dim objSWbem As SWbemServices
Dim colProcesses As SWbemObjectSet
Dim objProcess As SWbemObject

Set objSWbem = GetObject("winmgmts:root\cimv2")
Set colProcesses = objSWbem.ExecQuery _
("Select * From Win32_Process " & _
"Where Name='WINWORD.EXE'")
For Each objProcess In colProcesses
Debug.Print objProcess.CommandLine
Debug.Print objProcess.ExecutablePath
objProcess.Terminate
Next
End Sub

Maybe you could also try using Shell function with Taskkill command. I am
not very good with Command Prompt, but I think that would be the simplest way
to kill a process.
--
urkec

By the way, I thank you very much for these pieces of code that
I will keep in pocket for future needs.

Regards.
Patrick