Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default creating functions

Generally speaking, the best way to make functions (UDFs) "findable" from the
VBE environment and "reachable" from the worksheet is to:

1. Insert them in standard modules
2. Declare them Public

Public Function bumpit(i As Integer) As Integer
bumpit = i + 1
End Function
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200742

"Creating Functions in Excel" wrote:

I am missing something fundamental in creating functions in Excel. Does
somebody have step by step, comprehensive instructions?

At this point, I somehow have a simple function that is recognized and
returns a 0 value, but does not appear in the VB Editor or in the list of
functions. Two other simple functions - same as the first with slightly
different names - appear in the list of functions and in the VB Editor, but
are not recognized when I insert the names into the corresponding spread
sheet.

Help would be appreciated,

Jim