Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Halim Halim is offline

Default Discretely open workbook with password?

While password to modify is not set, this works for me:
Sub Openpwddbook()
Workbooks.Open Filename:="e:\book5.xls", Password:="123"

Halim

"scottydel" wrote:

Hello,

I'm using Excel/Access 2003. I have an Access form that will transfer Excel
spreadsheets into Access using TransferSpreadsheet. The Excel spreadsheet I
need to import is password protected, and I have the password.
Does anyone know what the code would look like that would open the workbook,
using the password I already have, so that I can successfully transfer the
spreadsheet into Access without any sort of manual prompt for a password?

I have tried simply transfering a protected workbook and it's not taking.
So I'm assuming I must first open the workbook before I can transfer.

Suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

-Scott