Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
carmen carmen is offline

Default import database tabase

Hello,

I recorded the macro that creates a query table from MS Access. I'm
replacing the "Where..." SQL to something more flexible. ie, In excel I'm
allowing user to pick the criteria from 20+ fields (from a pivot). I'd like
to add to SQL all those fields that have a selection other than "All". (I'm
doing this because my end product can only be a query table).

I'm noticing that the querytable only refreshes with certain fields. Some
field selections do not work. Where could I find the requirements for the
string?

My field names/data are sometimes numbers, text (but numeric),
single/multiple words, phrases with "," or ".". I noticed that sometimes I
need to use " ' " and sometimes " ` ". But in what cases should I be using
them? Also, of field names are two words, should I use []?

Thanks,
Carmen