CLR

Check the filesize......."blank" files may not always be completely
empty.......could have a hidden sheet and just "appear" blank.......

Vaya con dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Tatakau" wrote:

A co-worker somehow destroyed an important excel spreadsheet and wants me to
do the impossible. The file is completely blank.

The system is running Windows 98 and Office 97. The file was stored on a
network drive (M:). I checked the dates for the file: Created on 8/19/2005
4:33 PM, Last Saved on 8/19/2005 4:44 PM. And last edited on her computer.

Well, that sorta speeks for itself. I don't think there is any hope, but
maybe you know of a temporary directory to hold files when an Office program
opens a file, or in the Windows or user directories... And maybe not. I'm
thinking we need to chalk this one up as a loss.

Thanks,

Nick