scjanner

Default How do I create a macro of editing keystrokes?

I'm copying information from the Internet to paste into Excel, but the
information doesn't come in the format I want. In some cases I want to take
the last 8 characters, delete them from the current cell and paste them into
the next column. In other cases I want to add dashes, parentheses or spaces
between so many characters. Using the record macro button only copies the
data, not the keystrokes I want to repeat (e.g. in VB ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1
= "whateverIwant"). How do I create a macro that copies the keystrokes?