Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ludo Ludo is offline

Default E-mail XLS file

Hi,

I browsed a while throug this forum to find some code to send an e-
mail with a XLS workbook (one sheet) from within Excel. There are
different aproches for this (see Ron De Bruin site), using MAPI, SMTP,
CDO ... but what i'm looking for is the following:

- Must work with Outlook, Outlook Express, Mozilla, and other non MS e-
mail clients,
- must be cappable to place some text in the subject line, body and
support attachment(s),
- must run on Win 98 SE, XP and higher,
- run with Office 2000 and higher.
- installation on an other PC must be as simple as possible, because
not every user is a PC / software guru.

Why this question?

I'm writing a Excel application that need to run on different PC's
with different mail clients and different operating systems.
One person (living 120km from my home) is entering the data in an
excel file, and send this to 2 other persons for evaluation and print
out expence forms. Once the expence forms are printed, the data file
need te be send back the the person who initialy fill it out to add
new data.
So the data file is going from person A to person B and C, and after
evaluation and printout goes back from person B to person A and C.
Person C keeps the file as backup.

Now my question is as follow:
What code (MAPI, SMTP, ...)would you recommendt to use for it, to work
in this diversity of mail clients and operating systems? I'm getting a
bit lost in the wood!

Any help is welcome.
Regards,
Ludo