Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gerry O Gerry O is offline

Default Problem with Error Handler routing?

I have a userform in Excel that requires a user to select an option from a
drop down combobox. A command button returns the value and opens up another
workbook for the user to edit. I added an error handling routine that
returns an error message if for some reason the file doesn't exist or there
is a problem with the file path. My problem is that even when the sub runs
successfully, I still get the error message. If I completely remove the
error handling routine and line code, I get no vba/excel errors, but the sub
runs successfully. I am not sure why I get the error message upon successful
completion of the sub?

Here is my code. Any help would be appreciated!

Private Sub cmbEnter_Click()
Dim CostCenter
CostCenter = cbxCostCenter.Value

On Error GoTo errorhandler

Workbooks.Open Filename:=ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & "Budget 2008 - AMC ("
& CostCenter & ").xls", _
UpdateLinks:=1
Unload Me
'ResetAll
'ThisWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False

errorhandler:
MsgBox ("Application cannot load file. Contact Application
Administrator for assistance.")

Thanks,

Gerry O.