Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas Gary Keramidas is offline

Default Need help with adding a range name

i hard coded the variable, but see if this will work:

Sub test()
Dim firstrownum As Long
firstrownum = 6
With Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(firstrownum, 1)
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="database", RefersTo:=Range(.Address, _
.End(xlDown).End(xlToRight))
End With

Gary

"Bob" wrote in message
I select a range by using the following code:

Worksheets(Sheet2Name).Cells(Sheet2FirstRowNum, 1).Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select

Is there a way I can "convert" the aforementioned selected range (which can
vary) into the required R1C1 format so that I end up with something like this:

ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="Database", RefersToR1C1:= _
"=Worksheets(Sheet2Name)!R2C1:R18C11"