Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Extracting Year from date cell

Maybe your "date" isn't really a date.

This works for me:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
MsgBox Year(Date)
End Sub

But you can't copy|Paste special|just the year of a date.

dim myYear as long

myyear = year(Worksheets(Sheet1Name).Cells(Sheet1DateRowPoi nter, h).value)

Worksheets(Sheet2Name).Cells(Sheet2RowPointer, Sheet2YearColPointer).value _
= myyear

(With no checking at all)

Bob wrote:

The contents of the cell that I'm copying (and then pasting) in the formula
below is a date:

Worksheets(Sheet1Name).Cells(Sheet1DateRowPointer, h). _
Copy Worksheets(Sheet2Name).Cells(Sheet2RowPointer, _
Sheet2YearColPointer)

Prior to pasting, however, I need to extract just the Year value. But as
best as I can tell, VBA does not support the YEAR function.

Can someone kindly tell me how I can modify my code to extract and paste
just the Year? Thanks in advance for any help.

--

Dave Peterson