Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jason[_6_] Jason[_6_] is offline

Default Compare Range Totals After VBA Manipulation

It looks like that would work if you placed
"Application.WorksheetFunction." in front of the SUM statement.

On Aug 29, 11:38 am, PJFry wrote:
I have a workbook in which users dump in data, run a macro and use the
result. The macro itself works great, but the users need to go the original
data to confirm that the totals still match.

Here is the process:
Users dump data into the 'Data' tab (original, huh?)
Run Macro
Compare the total value on the 'Output' tab to the 'Data' tab to make they
match.

Here is what I am thinking, but don't know how to code:

Dim x As Double
Dim y As Double

x = SUM(Sheets("Data").Range("F2:F50000"))
y = SUM(Sheets("Output").Range("Q2:Q50000"))

If x<y Then
MsgBox "Totals do not match"
End If

Thoughts?