Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default how do i protect a worksheet without disabling drop downs lists?

How did you create the dropdowns? What version of excel are you using?

If you used data|validation and xl2003 (IIRC), unprotect that cell.

If you used a dropdown from the Forms toolbar or a combobox from the Control
Toolbox toolbar, make sure the linked cell is unlocked.

BME wrote:

I would like to protect most of the cells on my worksheet but i have drop
down menus to provide options. However, when i protect the sheet the drop
downs are locked. Is there a way around this?

--

Dave Peterson