Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Excel and VBA - If and Find Expressions

One way

Sub findit()
Set myRange = Range("A1:C20") 'Change to suit
For Each c In myRange
If c.Value = "myvalue" Then
c.Select
found = True
End If
Next
If found = False Then MsgBox ("myvalue" & " Not found")
End Sub

Mike

"Ronan" wrote:

Hello

I am trying to use an If statement to find an piece of text and then go to
the cell that contains that text. I have, as part of the if statement, an
else statement that just cancels the expression and does something else if it
cant find the iece of text. However, the expression doesnt seem to work when
VB cant find any cell with the specific text and it just comes back with a
run time error. Does anyone know if there is a proper way of putting a "find"
expression inside an "if" expression or maybe a better way of doing what I am
trying to do?