Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ChrisM ChrisM is offline

Default Using a macro to open an existing workbook

Thanks Bob, That works but I should have said the jobsheet is actually a
workbook so I will fiddle with your code to make it open or create a
workbook. I'll let you know how I go
Chris marwick NZ

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Dim sh As Worksheet
Dim mpName As String

On Error Resume Next
Set sh = Worksheets(ActiveCell.Value)
On Error GoTo 0
If sh Is Nothing Then
mpName = ActiveCell.Value
Set sh = Worksheets.Add
sh.Name = mpName
End If
sh.Activate

--
HTH

Bob

"chrism" wrote in message
I have a jobs list in a work book named Jobs & Jobs Sheets in a folder
called
Job Sheets.
I want to select a job in Jobs & run a macro that opens the job sheet that
has the name in the activecell.
If the job sheet does not exist then I want a job sheet created from a
template in the the job sheet folder.