Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JMB JMB is offline

Default Question about rounding.

You're quite welcome. Thanks for the feedback!

"Gsotoolman" wrote:

Brilliant! Thanks so much. Sad that such a simple problem should keep me
baffled for hours! Again, thank you.

"JMB" wrote:

Try:

=CEILING(J41*1.3+1,100)-1

"Gsotoolman" wrote:

I have learned how to work with Excel completely on my own with no books or
anything, so I don't know the correct verbage to ask my question.
Basically it is this.

Cell D41 = J41*1.3.
Cell D41 is formatted for no decimal places.
I need cell D41 to be rounded up to the next 99. (say the value of
J41*1.3=2209, I need the value to be 2299)

I am sure this is a simple and stupid question, but I have been trying to do
this myself for hours.