Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JMB JMB is offline

Default Question about rounding.

Unless J41*1.3 = 2200, then you will round down to 2199 instead of up to 2299.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Just round up to the nearest 100 and then subtract 1... something like this...

=ROUNDUP(J41*1.3, -2) - 1
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Gsotoolman" wrote:

I have learned how to work with Excel completely on my own with no books or
anything, so I don't know the correct verbage to ask my question.
Basically it is this.

Cell D41 = J41*1.3.
Cell D41 is formatted for no decimal places.
I need cell D41 to be rounded up to the next 99. (say the value of
J41*1.3=2209, I need the value to be 2299)

I am sure this is a simple and stupid question, but I have been trying to do
this myself for hours.