Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to delete the duplicate name on columnA

Using my method, the duplicated records are hidden, not deleted.

To totally delete the duplicates, first do the filtering as I indicated and
then select column A, copy it and paste it on another worksheet.

The new copy will not include the duplicates. If you want, you can always
take the new copy and paste it back on to the original column.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200740

"Lillian Lian" wrote:

Gary,

I run the things you gave it to me, and I saw all the duplicate name on
the columnA is gone, but the records did not drop that much,

Then original record is 4,344, after I run, it drop down to 4,339, only 5
records is different.

The gold is I want to deleted the duplicate record on ColumnA.

Lillian

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Click on the first row of the list and pull-down:

Data Filter Advanced Filter OK
then select filter the records in place and check unique records only

Only the unique records will be displayed.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200740

"Lillian Lian" wrote:

I have big excel spread on the columnA has duplicate name, how can I run the
scripts to fix this problem.

Thank you so much

Lillian