Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Programming Function

It might be a typo on your part, but let's go back to what you posted
originally...

BDP("AUD Curncy","LAST_PRICE")

BBCODE = AUD
BBKEY = Curncy
FULLBBCODE = BBCODE & BBKEY

FULLBBCODE, as constructed, will not have the blank space between BBCODE and
BBKEY. Try the assignment this way...

FULLBBCODE = BBCODE & " " & BBKEY

and see if that helps any. I'm thinking your code should look something like
this...

BBCODE = AUD
BBKEY = Curncy
FULLBBCODE = BBCODE & " " & BBKEY
<<Function = "BDP(""" & FULLBBCODE & """,""LAST_PRICE"")"

You used "Function" as a variable in your original posting... that is a
reserved keyword and cannot be the name of a variable.

Rick

"Matt McMaster" wrote in message
Doesn't seem to work. I have figured out that I can put a cell reference
in,
like B2 & " " & B3, where B2 = AUD and B3 = Curncy, and this works.
However
I really didn't want to have to hardcode references in, I want the user to
be
able to change where this data is contained in the future if possible.
Although for the sake of time I may just go that route. Any other ideas?

"Zone" wrote:

How about chr(34) & FULLBBCODE & chr(34)
Does that work?

"Matt" wrote in message
Tried it, didn't work the way I was hoping. It does return AUD Curncy
in
cell, but I think I didn't provide enough information about the
problem.
So
in my code, I want to execute the Bloomberg function which works fine
if I
manually put in Function = [BDP("AUD Curncy","LAST_PRICE")] but does
not
work
when I substitute the variable below, that's when I have problems. Any
ideas?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

One more each time

"""" & FULLBBCODE & """"

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Matt" wrote in message
I'm attempting to program a new function that includes other
functions
provided by Bloomberg professional service. The end result needs to
look
like this:

BDP("AUD Curncy","LAST_PRICE")

The AUD Curncy is Bloomberg's security code, which I will be getting
from
two separate cells. I am able to put the two cells together as
follows:

BBCODE = AUD
BBKEY = Curncy
FULLBBCODE = BBCODE & BBKEY

My problem is that I need to get quotation marks around the
FULLBBCODE
in
the VBA code. When I've tried """ & FULLBBCODE &""" it just returns
that
exact text, not what FULLBBCODE represents. Hope I've explained
this
enough,
any help would be greatly appreciated.