Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] elkylos@gmail.com is offline

Default excel workbook time log

Hi - I'm trying to create a workbook template that will log when a
user opens a workbook, and what time they close the document, to give
folks an idea of how much time they spend in a given worksheet. Time
management data, if you will.

(I know the flaw in the logic is that having a workbook open doesn't
mean they're working in it, necessarily, but it's a first step toward
document management, anyway.)

The idea is to use the NOW() and Auto_Open (or Workbook_Open)
functions, and paste the value from the NOW() on a sheet upon open and
exit, but not having a great deal of success figuring out how to
create a timestamp or echo the username.

Any assistance is appreciated.