Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Abdul[_2_] Abdul[_2_] is offline

Default Formula to get number

Hello!,

Thanks for all your support.

Let me explain it further.

I have the whole number on the product and the number includes the
last digit which is a check digit.
I want to scan each and every item in to the system, which is more
than a million.

Instead of doing this if I make the serial numbers which is very easy
as you know and i can get the check digit using a formula and then
CONCATENATE both numbers I could import this data in to the system.

When I tested the numbers using =Number-10*INT(Number/10)
(number in the above formula is the number including the check digit)

I get the check digit.

Thanks,

Abdul