Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default Closing Excel

I don't know what to tell you. Excel recognizes Application.Quit as the
command to shut down that instance of Excel. If you can't use that command
in your software, then you will probably have to close it manually.

"Charles A. Lackman" wrote:

Hello,

I do not have an Application.Quit. However, in the code I showed below
"Excel" is the application and I am calling Quit.

Chuck

"JLGWhiz" wrote in message
Try Application.Quit

"Charles A. Lackman" wrote:

Hello I am having a problem closing excel (from the Process List) when I
am
done using the Spreadsheet.

The code below works, however, when the application first starts, before I
create the Excel Object in code, the reference from the designer creates
an
Excel.exe in the process list that never gets destroyed. I even tried
running the Garbage Collector, which still did not remove the process.

Any Suggestions are greatly appreciated,

Chuck

[code]

Excel = New Excel.Application
with Excel

..Application.DisplayAlerts = False
..ActiveWorkbook().SaveAs(TheSaveLocation,
..ActiveWorkbook.FileFormat.xlCSVWindows) ', TheFormat)
..ActiveWorkbook.Close()
..Quit()

End With

System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComO bject(Excel)