Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charles A. Lackman Charles A. Lackman is offline

Default Closing Excel

Hello I am having a problem closing excel (from the Process List) when I am
done using the Spreadsheet.

The code below works, however, when the application first starts, before I
create the Excel Object in code, the reference from the designer creates an
Excel.exe in the process list that never gets destroyed. I even tried
running the Garbage Collector, which still did not remove the process.

Any Suggestions are greatly appreciated,

Chuck

[code]

Excel = New Excel.Application
with Excel

..Application.DisplayAlerts = False
..ActiveWorkbook().SaveAs(TheSaveLocation,
..ActiveWorkbook.FileFormat.xlCSVWindows) ', TheFormat)
..ActiveWorkbook.Close()
..Quit()

End With

System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComO bject(Excel)