Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ferris[_2_] Ferris[_2_] is offline

Default Help with mastersheet

On Aug 24, 10:05 am, "carlos" wrote:
Greetings,

We are trying to analyze customer data..

For example:
On a workbook, I have 8 sheets: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007,
2008.

Each sheet has below data:

A1 B1
C1 D1 E1
F1 G1 == till N1
Subscription Number Subscriber Name Subscription Code
Magazines Novels Comics DVD

01 Mike
Bay7342M 4 2
8 1
02 Cyndi
Dow8263L 1 1
20 0

I've manually copied all the sheets to a master sheet.
Now I want to update the master sheet whenever a cell value changes in the
individual sheets, so that the master sheet will give us the total number of
books, mags etc., a customer has borrowed..

If you notice, we have a sheet "2008", right now it's blank but will be
used in next year!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Carlos

One thing you might try is to to paste link the individual data sheets
to the master sheet. The data on the master sheet will be updated any
time you update the individual sheets. You'll notice that after you
paste link the cells in the master sheet will contain formulas like
"=Sheet1!A2".