Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Autofilter Criteria not filtering when using NOW()

Being in the US, I don't have the problem. However, in my test, I did change
the format in the key column to dd/mm/yyyy before running the code.

In the past, I have had luck with some other users with this problem with
regional versions (that use dates starting with day then month) by using the
dateserial.

So not sure what to tell the OP if he/she continues to fail and has
accurately porrayed what he/she is trying to do.

Tom Ogilvy

"Peter T" wrote:

I jumped in a bit too quick without fully testing, ignore that. There's a
bit more to it!

Ron & Tom, neither of yours work for me either.

Regards,
Peter T

Another attempt -

Sub test()
Dim s As String

' asssumes all cells below the header have same date format
s = Range("Note1").Offset(1).NumberFormat

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=Range("Note1").Column, _
Criteria1:="<=" & Format(Now(), s)

Peter T

"bony_tony" wrote in message
ups.com...
Still doesn't work.. Same problem..

On 24 Aug, 15:08, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
Try DateSerial

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=Range("Note1").Column, Criteria1:="<=" &

DateSerial(Year(Date), Month(Date), Day(Date))

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"bony_tony" wrote in

oglegroups.com...
Hi,
I have this line of code.

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=Range("Note1").Column, Criteria1:="<=" &
Format(Now(), "dd/mm/yyyy")

I want to filter anything dated today or prior.

It's not working - every line is being filtered out. When I drop

down
the autofilter button for the column, and go to 'Custom' I can see

the
correct date is in the dialog box, and the filter works when I press
OK through it.

Anyone know why this isn't working?

Cheers
Tony- Hide quoted text -