Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Keith G Hicks Keith G Hicks is offline

Default ms access 2k automation problem with selection

I copied some code from an Excel macro I created into an MS Access 2k
module. Much of it's fine except anything that

Set objActiveWkb = objXL.Application.ActiveWorkbook
With objActiveWkb
Range("A1:G1").Select
With Selection
.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter <<<<<< ERROR HERE (and all next
lines in this "with")
.VerticalAlignment = xlBottom
.WrapText = False
.Orientation = 0
.AddIndent = False
.IndentLevel = 0
.ShrinkToFit = False
.ReadingOrder = xlContext
.MergeCells = False
End With
End With

I have my reference to Excel 11 set otherwise nothign would work. However,
the "Selection" object appears to have no properties or methods.

Do I need to do this instead (which does compile):

Set objActiveWkb = objXL.Application.ActiveWorkbook
With objActiveWkb
with Range("A1:G1") <<<<<<<< CHANGED LINE (and removed line "with
selection")
.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
.VerticalAlignment = xlBottom
.WrapText = False