Biff

Hi!

One way:

=SUMIF(E:E,"No Work",D:D)

This formula uses entire columns as ranges, so, as you add data to the table
the formula will automatically calculate any new data that meets the
criteria. Just don't put the formula in either column D or E.

Biff

"michaelas" wrote
in message ...

Hi,
I'm using a worksheet as an auto mileage log as follows:
Col. A = date
Col. B= Start mileage for day
Col. C = End mileage for day
Col D = Total for day
Col E = Description/Destination

In column E, if I did not have work related mileage on a given day, I
list the description as "No Work."

My question is this:
How do I construct a formula so I can find the total mileage of all my
"No Work" trips, and have that mileage automatically totaled in one
cell? (preferably on-going, as I add mileage from day to day)

Appreciate any help.
michaelas

--
michaelas