Melissa

One of my cells indeed got "cut-off" at around the 1000 char mark but I also
have another cell displaying all 1600+ characters without me having to
manually drag the row bigger. Why does this happen?

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

Nott,

A cell can store 32K characters, but will display only 1K, unless you put in
some manual line feeds. Could you have reached a thousand characters in
your 15 lines?

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Nottme" wrote in message
I have a merged cell with 15 lines of text. After the 13th line the auto
text wrap will not work I have to enter manual line breaks to be able to
see
the last two lines. Is this a bug in Excel?