Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Split up word in cell

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 17:59:12 -0700, korund
wrote:

„Ron Rosenfeld" napísal (napísala):

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 02:38:01 -0700, korund
wrote:

Hi all,
I have similary problem, but i need the words split up according to
gramatical rules (also with division sign) in the same cell. Is anyone able
to help me ?

Many thanks in advance from

Korund

Post detail
--ron

e.g. I have in 1 cell txt:
----------------------------
akcionári; valné !
zhromaždenie; BCPB; !
audítor !
-----------------------------

and after division it could be as:
-----------------------------
akcionári; valné zhro- !
maždenie; BCPB; audítor!
--------------------------- !

it means that I saved 1 line. I have a lot of similar cells in 1 large sheet
and by printing it cold be less pages (paper saving, ...).
Sorry, it is in Slovak language but I hope, you can now the problem more
understand.

Thank you for your kindness

Korund

I assume in the above that the "!" represent the left margin of the cell, and
are not an included character.

So far as I know, Excel does not have a method for hyphenation.

You could remove the line feeds and then select the wrap text option
(Format/Cells/Alignment) but this would not give you the hyphenation breaks.

--ron