George Gee

Dano

Start recording a new macro.
Right-click the top toolbar.
Click on 'Stop recording'
The 'Stop recording' toolbar should now appear.

A user probably closed the 'Stop recording' toolbar with the 'X'.
You must be in 'Record New Macro' mode for the 'Stop recording'
menu to be made available.

HTH

George Gee

Dano wrote:
When recording a new macro in excel I want to select the relative
reference button in the stop recording box, but the stop recording
box does not popup; it's no where to be found. Everything I've read
on-line says it just appears, but it doesn't on my system.

It works fine on my co-workers machine, and he has the same system as
mine. We are both running Windows XP, with excel version 2003.