Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Pivot Table

What filter are you applying to the field? What is returned in the
filter, and what do you want returned in the filter?

Beep Beep wrote:
Trying to decide weather to use a Pivot Table or Design a Macro for the
following. I have a ws that is set for filters on numerous columns.
Unfortunately when I try to filter on certain release numbers, i.e.
1.2,1.2P1,1.2P3 is doesn't filter out all the others. Don't know if it is
because of the P in the number or what. When I do a Pivot table I get all of
the releases, however it seems easier to filter the releases easier this way.
Any reason why the original ws won't do the same.

I can design a macro, however I think I would have the same problem there. I
thought of using an "Input" macro, however can't figure out how to pause to
get the numbers of the first release before proceeding to the next release.

Amy thoughts!!!!!!!!!!

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures