Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] nikhil.kavimandan@gmail.com is offline

Default Help with programming Excel User Forms

Hey all,

Thanks for the response. Jim, it's hard for me to put this into
words, I wish I could somehow attach a screenshot to my message or
something. But I am really not too pleased with the way the excel
spreadsheet looks.

Along these lines, from what (very little) I know, I guess VBA needs
a 'platform' such as excel to work with (I can't have a userform run
on its own, without having to open excel). But, isn't there a VB
editor that you can use independent of excel? Again, pardon my
ignorance, I am still very early into learning VB.

Nikhil

On Aug 8, 10:27 am, "Jim Rech" wrote:
The spreadsheet metaphor is generally thought to be relatively easy for
people to understand. Your desire to protect users from it is a bit of a
mystery to me. Adding a protective userform will be hard work for you and,
at best, frustrating for users. I don't know what the problem is with
having users 'scroll down' but it may be that adding a summary sheet, with
key figures on it, while the underlying data available on detail sheets for
those that need it, is an alternative way to go.

--

oups.com...