Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
kounoike[_2_] kounoike[_2_] is offline

Default Cell formatting not applied

wrote in message
oups.com...
On 7 Aug, 14:20, "kounoike" wrote:

Hi Keizi

Thanks for your testing. I tested with your code on Excel 2002 SP3 and
it works. I then changed things slightly to more closely resemble what
I am trying to do by creating a formula in cell A1 with =ItemNo(1,1).
The cell displays "unknown" without bold formatting and here we have
demonstrated my exact problem. The only difference between your test
code and my modified version is that in the latter a formula calls the
function. Do you have any further ideas?

Thank you

Craig

Hi Craig

I've never thought of you were tring to use your function as UDF.
UDF can't change the structure of worksheet as Joel said.

for some more details, you could find here.
http://blogs.msdn.com/frice/archive/...11/153891.aspx

keizi