Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Cush Cush is offline

Default Application.quit

Tom,

I'm confused about the location of this temp folder.
I have a Temp folder located at

Docs and Settings\Admin\Local Settings\Temp
with approx 75 folders therein ... among them
is a folder labeled Excel8.0
I'm hesitant in deleting this entire Temp folder as I am over my
head here and I don't want to lose something that is vital.

Can you be specific regarding the location of the temp
folder you are referencing.
thanks

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Close all applications and
Try deleting all the files in your temp folder.

Then reboot.

Tom Ogilvy

"cush" wrote:

I recently added to the Workbook_Before_Close procedure the following code ---

----------
----------
ThisWorkbook.Save
Application.Quit

Now, when I open Excel, I get an error msg: PERSONAL.XLS is locked for
editing...........with the options to
1 Open as Read Only
2 Notify Me
3 Cancel

If I Open the file (or any Excel file) I get another Error Msg ----"The
instruction at 0x3005c5eb" referenced memory at "0x00000018". The memory
could not be written."
The OK button then closes Excel and the Cancel button opens Visual Basic
with code in C++

How do I regain access to the Excel application and why does the code I used
cause this?