Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default VBA:programmatically invoking menu items from Excel Worksheet

Get them with code

For Each ctl In Application.Commandbars("Worksheet Menu
Bar").Controls("File").Controls
Debug.Print ctl.Name, ctl.Id
Next Ctl

--
---
HTH

Bob

"morse100" wrote in message

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

You need to get the controls id, and then execute it like so

Application.VBE.CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=ctl_id ).Execute

Sheet delete is 847.

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"morse100" wrote in message
I would like to to be able invoke specified menu items from the standard
Excel WorkSheet menu bar from within VBA subroutines and functions (do
***not*** need to change the resulting behaviour in any way
whatsoever).

For example

Edit | Delete Sheet

But I have absolutely no idea how to access the equivalent OnAction
macro,
or indeed to discover its name.

Any and all help will be much appreciated

many thanks

morse

Hello,

many thanks for the quick and very helpful reply. I would be grateful if
you could point me at a source for other Control-Ids like the one you
specified.

Best wishes

Morse