Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Creating a path to save a file

Hi - I want to thank you again for all the work you did for me. I copied
the
code to my program as follows

QUOTENUMBER1 = InputBox("Please enter QUOTE file name to save to Server3",
"The Company", "\\server3\jobs\" & username & "\" & NUMBERSAVE

and get a compile error

Did you copy it as it is shown (on 2 lines)? If so, make it one line or use
this properly "continued" statement...

QUOTENUMBER1=InputBox("Please enter QUOTE file name to save to Server3", _
"The Company", "\\server3\jobs\" & UserName & "\" & NUMBERSAVE)

And while it is probably just a typo on your part, you left out the closing
parenthesis on your posted line of code.

If this does not solve the problem... Are any lines being highlighted, or
any error numbers being displayed, when the compile error is generated? If
so, tell us what they are.

Rick