Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default TextBox validation before moving to next

Hi LuisE

You can use the Exit event of the text box

Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
If Trim(TextBox1.Text) = "" Then Cancel = True

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"LuisE" wrote in message ...
I have an UserForm with some TextBoxes which individuals entries Id like to
validate before moving to the next Textbox. I want to force the user to make
a valid entry (non blank and right format) before moving to the next.
Should I place the code in the Form module??

Here is what I have for the first textbox which matches the entry to an
existing record
Sub Find_The_Name()
Set ws = ActiveSheet
Set UnitList = ws.Range("a:a")
With UnitList
Set rFound = .Find(What:=UnitNo, _
After:=Range("A1"), LookIn:=xlValues, _
Lookat:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False)

If Not rFound Is Nothing Then
x = rFound.Address
CurrentTenant = ws.Range(x).Offset(0, 3).Text
Else
MsgBox "Couldn't find the unit number"
CurrentTenant = ""
Exit Sub
End If
End With
End Sub

Sub Find_Name01()
UnitNo = UserForm1.txtUnit01.Text
If UnitNo = "" Then
MsgBox "Make avalid entry"
Else
Call Find_The_Name
UserForm1.txtName01.Text = CurrentTenant

Thank you