Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vergel Adriano Vergel Adriano is offline

Default Hide rows via Pulldown

Steve,

The AutoFilter feature should do the trick. In the main menu, go to
Data-Filter-AutoFilter.

--
Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"Steve" wrote:

Hello all. I have a data sheets with lots of personnel info. I would
like to create 2 pulldown menus that will hide rows. In column A I
have department. In column B I have status. How can I have the user
select a department from the "Department" pulldown, and a status from
the "status" pulldown and have the data sheet hide all rows OTHER than
the selections? I guess I would also need an "All" selection for each
of the categories. Essentially it sounds like an autofilter, but for
the executive staff I need something with a simpler front end. Thanks
for any and all help!!