Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Leon Leon is offline

Default Code Problems

Hello

Im trying to make a code that will help me find information in a work sheet
like a search/find tool. I have got this far but now im stuck because it
never find any infomation.

I also need to know is there any way to make to it seach in one column
instead of the whole work sheet

here's my code:
Sub BatchLocate()

Label1:
Dim myRange As Range
Dim lastRow As Integer
Dim myNum As Long
Dim myAnswer As String
Dim myCheck As Boolean
Dim n As Integer
Dim k As Integer

Range("D8").Select
Set myRange = ActiveCell.CurrentRegion
lastRow = myRange.Rows.Count
myAnswer = InputBox("Enter Batch Number.")
myCheck = IsNumeric(myAnswer)
If myAnswer < Empty Then
If myCheck = False Then
MsgBox " Please enter a valid batch Number"
GoTo Label1
Else
myNum = CLng(myAnswer)
End If
Else
Range("d2").Select
Exit Sub
End If

Range("d2").Value = myNum
n = 8

For k = 1 To lastRow
myRange.Cells(k).Select
If myRange.Cells(k).Value = myNum Then
Range("B" & n).Value = myNum
ActiveCell.Offset(0, -2).Copy.ActiveSheet.Cells(4, 2).Select.Paste
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).Copy.ActiveSheet.Cells(4, 3).Select.Paste
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 4).Copy.ActiveSheet.Cells(4, 4).Select.Paste
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 5).Copy.ActiveSheet.Cells(4, 5).Select.Paste
n = n + 1
End If
Next k
If n = 8 Then
MsgBox "Batch " & myNum & " was not found."
Else
Range("d2").Select

Any help would be great.

Thanks