Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Please Help--How can I get a Flag, if I try to schedule someone to

Hi Ray,

If the employee numbers are on the odd numbered rows, what is on the even
numbered rows.? Are they blank or do they contain other data?

Also what version of xl are you using?

Regards,

OssieMac

"Ray" wrote:

My workbook has eight worksheets; the first shows a list of all
employees, their employee numbers, and whether they are full-time or
part-time workers (full-time workers are designated with "1," and part-
time workers with a "2" in column "T" of this page).

The other seven worksheets are identical to each other, each being for
a day of the week (Sun. through Fri.). Each of the daily worksheets
is simply used for scheduling people to be cashiers at one of twelve
different cash registers. The cashiers' employee numbers are typed
into column A of these sheets, on each of the odd-numbered rows,
starting with row 5 (A5, A7...A27).

Problem: I cannot schedule any of the part-time workers more than
twice as a cashier, because if I do, then they will automatically be
classified a full-time cashiers, which really messes up the
payroll...and get me into big trouble.

So, how can I do this? I need to get Excel to somehow do two
"lookup"s: one to see if the employee being scheduled is a part-time
worker (i.e., if they have a "2" in column "T" of the first
worksheet), and then do a second "lookup," to count how many times
their employee number has been typed into one of those odd-numbered
cells, in column "A" of the daily worksheets....for the whole week.

I can see how it would be done, if I were working with just the first
worksheet (the list of names & numbers) and only one day to schedule,
but I don't know how to get it to search through a whole week's worth
of days, and flag me, if I have tried to schedule the same part-time
worker more than twice, cumulatively, in the same week.

Any help would be greatly appreciated so much.