Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Programmatically open XLT for edit and stop macros

Dim oXL as Object
Dim oWB as Object
Dim sFullName = "fully qualified path to my file.xlt"
Set oXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
oxl.EnableEvents = False
Set oWB = oXL.Workbooks.Open(FileName:=sFullName, _
Editable:=True)

Tom Ogilvy

"XP" wrote:

Using Office 2003 and Windows XP;

I have a template file that I need to open for editing using automation
(late binding) and in doing so, I want to programmatically prevent macros
from firing. My code so far:

Dim oXL as Object
Dim oWB as Object
Dim sFullName = "fully qualified path to my file.xlt"
Set oXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
Set oWB = oXL.Workbooks.Open(sFullName)

Can someone please post example code and/or modify my code to achieve this?

Thanks much in advance.