Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RB Smissaert RB Smissaert is offline

Default Array Question

If the text file has the right layout then you could run SQL on that file.
This would save you the intermediary step of the array and is quite fast.

Yes, you can sort arrays and then do a binary search, which could be a lot
faster.

Yes, you can have variant arrays that can hold both string data and numeric
data.

RBS

"Mike H." wrote in message
I populate an array from data in a text file. Then I go to a spreadsheet
and
I look at a cell and want to find the text in that cell in the array. Is
there an arrayfind() function to find the data that is in the cell? And
can
I sort the array so that the find is faster?

Also, I populate a similar array with values. Can I have both types of
data
in one array, text and values?