Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mikhaw20 mikhaw20 is offline

Default How do I remove excel 2003 keyboard shortcuts?

Hi, I'm having a particular issue. There is a font I use, GaramondLatin, to
create letters with macrons on top (that is, a straight horizontal line).
The shortcut to do this in Word is CTRL+SHIFT+; then type the letter.

The problem I'm having is that in Excel, this shortcut puts the Date in, and
this supersedes the other shortcut. How do I make Excel stop doing this, so
I can write my macrons? I only use Excel to organize word lists, not to do
formulas or math or anything.

Thanks for your help!