Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default Hiding/Showing OptionButtons on a UserForm

The code below works fine. What I am trying to do is get the UserForm to
accept OptionButton19 or OptionButton34, and then move to the next UserForm.
For some reason, when I click on OptionButton19 or OptionButton34, I get the
message, €śPlease select a Product Line!!€ť

If OptionButton35 = False And _
OptionButton36 = False And _
OptionButton37 = False And _
OptionButton38 = False And _
OptionButton39 = False And _
OptionButton40 = False And _
OptionButton41 = False And _
OptionButton42 = False And _
OptionButton43 = False And _
OptionButton46 = False And _
OptionButton45 = False And _
OptionButton44 = False And _
OptionButton47 = False And _
OptionButton59 = False And _
OptionButton60 = False Then
MsgBox "Please select a Product Line!!"
Exit Sub
End If
Etc, etc, etc€¦

Below is another example...lots of cosd similar to this...
If OptionButton51 = False And _
OptionButton52 = False And _
OptionButton53 = False And _
OptionButton54 = False And _
OptionButton55 = False And _
OptionButton56 = False And _
OptionButton57 = False And _
OptionButton58 = False Then
MsgBox "Please select a Transaction Type!!"
Exit Sub
End If

I'd greatly appreciate any help/insight!!

"Susan" wrote:

could you post the code? i can't tell from where these subs are being
called - are they _change subs, command button subs, _click subs?
i know you said it's long, but...........
susan

On Jul 31, 9:16 am, ryguy7272
wrote:
Hello Experts!! I am trying to come up with a way for a UserForm to show
certain OptionButtons, and hide others. My code is below (some of it is cut
out; it is very long):

If OptionButton1 = True And CheckBox1 = True Then

OptionButton2.Visible = False
OptionButton3.Visible = False
OptionButton4.Visible = True
OptionButton5.Visible = True
OptionButton6.Visible = True
'...etc., etc., etc.
End If

That part works fine, but here is the tricky part...

If OptionButton21 = False And _
OptionButton22 = False And _
OptionButton33 = False And _
OptionButton44 = False And _
OptionButton25 = False Then
MsgBox "Please select a Transaction Type!!"
Exit Sub
End If
'...etc., etc., etc.

If OptionButton30 Then Cells(20, 2) = "MAP"
If OptionButton40 Then Cells(20, 2) = "CUST"
'...etc., etc., etc.

When I click on OptionButton30 or OptionButton40 the message box pops up and
reads, Please select a Transaction Type!! I guess I just have to change the
order in which the code fires, but I can't seem to figure out what that order
is. BTW, all of these OptionButtons are in the same Frame. Does that make a
difference? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cordially,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy