Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas Gary Keramidas is offline

Default Rename all named ranges?

can' help with replacing the formulas, you can try the other suggestions. but
when i want to do this, i just use this code to create the new ranges in the
immediate window. then just paste the code created in a module and run it. keeps
my installed addins to a minimum, and plus, i don't know if my clients will have
every addin i have, either.

Sub RenameRanges() ' recreate and then delete range names
Dim nm As Name
sName = ActiveSheet.Name
For Each nm In ThisWorkbook.Names
Debug.Print "ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:=" & """" & "R_" & nm.Name &
"""" & _
", Refersto:=""" & nm
nm.Delete
Next

Gary

"Johan" wrote in message
ups.com...
Excel 2000

I have a workbook with 100+ named ranges. I would like to rename them
all. Starting all names with "R1" and the old name. I would also like
all the formulas in the workbook that refers to the names be changed
to the new names. (perhaps this happened automatically?)

Thanks

Johan