Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul B Paul B is offline

Default Add date to cell with open macro

give this a try

Range("m3").Value = Date

Paul B

"DDub207 via OfficeKB.com" <u36243@uwe wrote in message
This should have been easy for me to figure out but I couldn't do it. I'm
just trying to have a cell auto-populate with the current date. I can't
use
the =today() function on the sheet because it changes the date on old
copies
when they are opened. I would like this to be a workbook_open macro that
works with the one I have below to advance invoice dates. The cell I
would
like the date to populate in is M13. Thank, Duane.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Range("m3").Value = Range("m3").Value + 1